Monday, October 04, 2010

It really, really does get better.

Following the tragic death of Tyler Clementi and too many others, I'm proud to plug the It Gets Better Project, a grass-roots effort to support GLBTQ kids victimized by bullying and bigotry. The videos produced as part of this project can reassure struggling teens that they really can survive high school and go on to have wonderful, amazing lives, if they'll just stick it out a while longer. These videos have been made by people just like you. I hope you'll consider making one of your own -- it's as easy as telling your story. Your unique voice may be just the one a kid needs to hear to make it through the day.

Here's a great example from Mark King and his brother Dick.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks. Here's a posting about this and other online projects related to the bullying. http://marksking.com/my-fabulous-disease/fighting-back-hard-against-bulllying/

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I am currently a Library Science graduate student at the University of North Texas and am think you would make a great interviewee candidate for our student association blog. If you are interested, I would love to send you some interview questions and post the interview on the blog. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Mark & Dick King video. ~Bea

    ReplyDelete