Thursday, January 16, 2020

Damn, I missed it. But yay! for freedom of religion.

Yesterday was Religious Freedom Day. I thought it was today, and I'm bummed out that I missed it. I was going to post something snarky, yet respectful. Cynical, yet wholesome.

I got nothin'.

Wait... I might have something. ...

I was going to write about the Flying Spaghetti Monster because it's pretty awesome, but they like to think there's a stripper factory in heaven, and I find that a little problematic. That did not, however, stop me from ordering a sticker for my car, especially since the only Pastafarian dogma is that there's no dogma.

Snarky -- check.
Cynical -- check.

Now, contrary to what you might think, I do pray sometimes. I have a lot in common with religious people on the progressive left. I believe that there could be a god. I believe that the  universe is sacred, and I believe if there is a conscious god, it doesn't give a shit whether you believe in it or not, as long as you do some good in the world. And by the way, I am an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church. Legal and everything. That's actually true. I can marry your sorry ass.

Respectful -- check, sort of.
Wholesome -- well, I think so.

So... whether or not you've been touched by his noodly appendage, I wish you all a belated Religious Freedom Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment