Sunday, September 04, 2022

Oh no she didn't.

Oh, yes. Yes, she did.

No point in burying the lede here. I’ve started a YouTube channel: Deviated Spectrum. 

I’m autistic, I’m queer, and I’m an addict in recovery with a lively variety of mental diagnoses.  Lots of spectrums there, and they tend to intersect in weird ways. Hence, Deviated Spectrum. 

What’s it about? Adventures in late-diagnosis autism! Laughing at myself while I get reacquainted with my brain. Very basic adulting tutorials, hacks, and some product reviews. But I’m not limiting myself to autism. Addiction recovery and LGBTQ+ issues will definitely be in the mix.

Here's a teaser:



So what on earth possessed me to start a YouTube channel at age 65? You know, other than the fact that there aren't enough old people on YouTube talking about this stuff?

Just before the pandemic hit, I had this weird urge to do photography. And make videos. And write. And act. And I missed making music. And maybe I could start a podcast. Or a YouTube channel! I wrote about it here.

It’s like my head exploded and rainbows spewed out in all directions and I wanted to chase after every single one. And that's exactly what I did. I pursued every one of them. And this particular rainbow led to Deviated Spectrum.

You can find my channel right here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WV67qBrz90E1mqSh8Qelg.

It's my hope that you'll find my channel positive, helpful, and entertaining. Please check it out, subscribe if you'd like, and feel free to give me your comments and suggestions.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment