Friday, November 11, 2005

Oh, Sweet Mystery of Life, I've Found You!

I have been deflowered. There, I’ve said it. And what creation has so captured my fancy? No, it’s not a beautiful woman. And it’s not the finest wine in Europe, either.

It’s Bed, Bath and Beyond that has turned my fair head. I’ve heard mention of it, but I had no idea. The variety! The style! The prices!

I spent some time there today while waiting for a ride, and I learned so much about myself. I learned that there are all kinds of things I simply must have in order to survive!

Think I’m being melodramatic? Absolutely not. Here, let me tell you what I found. Maybe you need this stuff, too!

First, there’s the crème brulee kit for $19.99. I’ve never eaten crème brulee, and honestly, I don’t really even know what it is. But the kit comes with a torch!

The digital grilling fork is another bargain at $14.99. Now, I don’t cook, but I think grills are used for baking steaks. If I’m correct, then I must have a digital grilling fork. I want to be digitally prepared if ever I do bake a steak!

Oh – there’s the AM/FM radio pen. Only $4.99! It even has a string so you can wear it around your neck! It’s purple!

And I mustn’t forget the Fill’Er Up Liquor Pump. You fill this old-fashioned gas-pump thingy with your favorite booze, and then you dispense it out the little nozzle. At $49.99, it brings a whole new meaning to the word, “gassed.” Just too cute!

And where else can you get 100 cookie cutters for $9.99? Okay, so I haven’t made cookies since 1997, but I could get a domestic hot flash at any time!

Oh, and the Party Pump! What is a Party Pump? I don’t know! But I’m pretty sure that at $29.99 (on clearance!), I really need one!

Do you see why I’m so excited? And I didn’t even get to the bathroom stuff!

I’m telling you, there are just all kinds of things out there that I have to have. And I didn’t even know it!

You’ve got to hand it to our capitalist economy. Talk about efficiency! I mean, knowing what you need before you even know you need it yourself!

But I’m afraid I’ve tarried too long here. You’ll have to excuse me so I can go meditate over my L.L. Bean catalog. Fleece! Flannel!

3 comments:

  1. Like you, I was once deflowered at a Bed, Bath & Beyond. It too opened my eyes to all of the crap that is produced in the world.

    There are very few things that I actually buy in the BB&B: 1.) Bed linens; 2.) Shower curtain liners; and 3.) Filters for our humidifyer.

    Several years ago, I bought two small Vornado room fans. They were the most kick-a** things I ever bought there. They have just seen their eighth summer of service and I use them religiously (no air conditioning).

    I once saw a singing plush reindeer on a stick in there, but I never bought it. It was right next to the singing Santa which I didn't buy either. Not to mention the telescoping shower mirror. the electric nose hair trimmers. The tartan plaid dust ruffles. These are the things that I regret not having bought.

    On the other hand, a torch sounds cool and at $19.99 it seems like it's priced to sell!! And one can never have too many liquor pumps in the house.

    On a more personal note, never buy the party pump. The doctor said that they don't work and they can actally cause damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so that's what the party pump does!

    ReplyDelete