I’ve been tagged. Thanks, Michael! So, let’s see.
1. I spent three years living on the Navajo Nation and working for DNA-People’s Legal Services as a librarian and litigation support attorney. It’s the best job I’ve ever had.
2. I still haven’t managed to find the right religion. I’m a Jewish convert with pagan leanings and I was raised Presbyterian. I think Jesus could have been one son of G-d in the sense that he really understood how to make that connection, but I don’t think he was the only son of G-d. As for G-d, well, I don’t have a clue what it/he/she/they are but that doesn’t mean I can’t pray to it/him/her/them, so I do.
3. I used to slice head cheese for the mob. A notorious family that owned a grocery store in a big city, not New York.
4. I have lived in New Jersey, Texas, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, the Navajo Nation, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, and Georgia.
5. Okay, this is really weird. I love to travel by Greyhound bus. Alone. For looooong distances. I once traveled for 6 days straight without getting off except for rest stops: Albuquerque, Denver, Phoenix, L.A., up the West coast, into Vancouver, across Canada (what a drive!), and into Minnesota. It’s my version of camping out. Or at least it was. It’s been a long time.
6. I was a singer in high school and had started to develop a small following but then I started drinking and kept forgetting all the lyrics so that put an end to that. Now I have a secret desire for fame and fortune. Well. Not that secret, I guess. Someday I want to act and be in a musical. In the meantime I’m lucky enough to sing in two excellent (and gay) choral groups.
7. Other things I want to do before I die: get a tattoo. Visit Alaska.
8. I love antiquing and bargain hunting and garage sales. I am very good at finding used stuff Real Cheap The most expensive piece of furniture I own cost me $62 and it’s really beautiful. Really. But … someday it would be nice to have the option of spending a lot…Just to see what it feels like.
All righty, then. For anyone reading this, consider yourself tagged!