Wednesday, February 26, 2020

I fell asleep during the Guns of Navarone.

It's a reference to The Dick Van Dyke Show, season 5, episode 12, December 15, 1965. Rob has to defend himself against accusations that he beat up an old lady. Nobody is buying his alibi because he says he was at a drive through movie -- The Guns of Navarone. When asked the plot of the movie, he can't remember because he slept through the whole thing. So there's this running gag throughout the episode as he's grilled by the police: "You slept through The Guns of Navarone??"

Well, yes, yes, I did. Last night I slept through The Guns of Navarone.

I tried to watch, I really did. It was hard to make out what anyone was saying because it was so chaotic and loud. It was downright traumatic. Yet somehow, I fell fast asleep, and that was that.

But I stayed awake long enough to see one thing very clearly: Warren, Buttigieg, Sanders, Biden, Klobuchar, Bloomberg, and Steyer -- the whole miserable bunch of them -- need to get their shit together. Or we're looking at four more years and the end of the American Dream.

I am fighting off despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment