Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Is that a She-wee in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

And I thought it would bring down the patriarchy.

Remember oh, so long ago, when I did that post about female urinary devices, or FUDs? Of course you don't, so here it is.

I thought I would do an update - you know, see how the feminist uprising is coming along. Once women can pee standing up there's just no stopping us, right?

First, the bad news. The patriarchy is alive and well. You may have noticed that yourself along the way.

In other sad news: the Shenis appears to have gone to that great big ladies' lounge in the sky. A few artifacts have survived, though, including a Facebook page and an entry in the Urban Dictionary. Oh, and this rather disturbing YouTube commercial that demonstrates the reason for its demise better than I ever could.

Now for the good news: the uprising continues.  Time was, the only people who knew about female urinary devices were obscure bloggers desperate for a topic and, well, other pioneers like myself.

No more! The GoGirl, in particular, has flourished. She is readily available on Amazon. And at Walmart. And at Bed Bath and Beyond, for christ sake.

About the only person not hawking these things is the ShamWow guy.

Even Wish has a knockoff for two bucks plus shipping. (I'm tempted to do a YouTube review to see how it stacks up against the Shewee (10 colors!), the GoGirl (comes in khaki!), the P-Mate (disposable!), and the Tinkle Belle (ridiculously expensive!))

Meanwhile, the Equal Rights Amendment is coming back, and women are running for president. Coincidence? I think not.

The FUD is working. Hear us roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment