Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hay in My Bra

I've decided that one of the toughest things about farm life is trying not to look like I live on a farm. I'm always forgetting to change out of my barn boots when I go to my job in the city. And worse, I often forget to take off my go-to-work-shoes before I walk around in horse poop.

On good days, the only sign I live on a farm is that hay falls out when I take off my bra -- which, by the way, I don't do in public. On bad days, I've got hay in my hair, hay in my shirt, and manure on my pants. On those days, of course, it's a pretty sure bet I'll run into the Dean. Ah, well. At least no one will mistake me for being overly ambitious!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:54 AM

    the farm life is all too familiar...except we had cows instead of horses and it was all too easy for a pile of cow dung to suddenly appear from nowhere when you were least expecting it. Dog dung, too, had that uncanny ability. Nothing wrong with letting people know you actually WORK when you're not working :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Cato, I never said I was actually good at farm stuff! I have no doubt that I'm doing all sorts of things wrong.

    But the idea of identifying as a Samurai Farmer certainly is intriguing.....

    Thanks, Brian and Cato, for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bernice Stelle Autumn Drake4:21 AM

    Read by Bea.

    ReplyDelete